As warmer temps push winter out of memory, you’re sure to notice that drawstring backpacks are out in full force. Maybe it’s because winter layers don’t need to be stuffed into backpacks, maybe it’s because lightweight convenience is just what everyone needs this time of year. Maybe both are true!
In any event, there are countless ways to incorporate drawstring backpack promotions into your marketing mix—no matter what your organization represents. The imprint area on these bags is large, making it the perfect canvas for all sorts of artwork! Here are five ways to create a buzz and jumpstart your next promotion with drawstring backpacks:
- Gift with Purchase. Yep, just as it sounds. Someone buys something in your store and you give them a drawstring backpack with your logo on it. Maybe they have to buy something specific, or maybe just spend a certain amount of money. Those details are yours to work out. Once the bag is in their hot little hands, they use it all over the place and advertise your store in the process. Win, win!
- In-Store Promotion. Your customers buy a bag, and then get 10% off everything that fits in the bag. Or they buy a bag, and you donate proceeds to a local charity. Or give away the bags, and your customers get 5% off every time they shop with that bag on subsequent visits (or on a certain day of the month that’s “special” for bag-owners). You get the idea.
- Art contest. Nothing gets people engaged like a good, ol’ contest! Hold a design contest, then print the winning artwork on drawstring backpacks alongside your messaging. Give them away or sell them—either way, you’ll see people clamoring to get one because everyone loves hand-drawn artwork!
- Fundraiser. Order drawstring backpacks with your school or nonprofit logo on the bag, then resell them in the community as a fundraiser. If you want even more bang for your buck, hold a fundraiser in conjunction with the art contest in #4! Kids LOVE these bags (just be sure that the cinchpack you choose is CPSIA tested and approved for use by children!).
- Thank you. No, thank YOU! Give drawstring backpacks away to volunteers at your local clean up, or to your staff at this year’s company picnic, or to your clients. These oh-so-handy bags will be put to good use all summer long!
How do you plan to incorporate drawstring backpack promotions into your organization this summer? If you can’t figure out a way to do it, or if you think another type of custom bag is better suited to your organization’s marketing efforts, let us know! We’d love to help you—and learn about how your successes!